Cat Ba is the largest of the 366 islands spanning 260km2 that comprise the Cat Ba Archipelago, which makes up the southeastern edge of Ha Long Bay in Northern Vietnam. Cat Ba Island means "Women’s Island" (Cat meaning sandy and Ba meaning women). Legend has it that many centuries ago, three women of the Tran Dynasty were killed and their bodies floated all the way to Cat Ba Island. Each body washed up on a different beach and all three were found by local fishermen. The residents of Cat Ba built a temple for each woman, and the Island soon became known as Cat Ba.
Lan Ha Bay is located in the east of Cat Ba island, overlooks the Van gate and adjacent to Ha Long Bay. It is a gulf-shaped bay with approximately 400 large and small islands, creating a huge picture of the heaven scene. Being different from Ha Long Bay, all of 400 large and small islands in Lan Ha Bay are covered by trees or vegetation, even a tiny island like a peninsula.
ITINERARY CAT BA - LAN HA BAY TOUR 1 DAY:
7.45 - 8.15:
Picking up passengers at the meeting points and departing from Ha Noi to Cat Ba.
9.45 - 10.00:
Going to Dinh Vu station.
10.00 - 10.15:
Boarding Dinh Vu - Cai Vieng high speed boat.
Picking up at Cat Ba and going to the center of Cat Ba island.
Visiting Ben Beo in Cat Ba island, boarding and travelling to Lan Ha bay. Enjoying lunch on board while cruising across thousands of different large and small islands. Visitors can observe a large picture of the charming beauty of nature with magnificent limestone cliffs, crystal water and azure sky, creating a wonderful dreamy gorgeous Lan Ha Bay.
Visiting Monkey island, kayaking and swimming.
Returning Ben Beo
Departing from Ben Beo to Cai Vieng
Boarding Cai Vieng – Dinh Vu high speed boat
Getting on a coach from Dinh Vu to return Hanoi
Saying farewell in Hanoi.
PRICE: 55 USD/ PAX
- Modern coach under the program
- Round-trip ticket for Cai Vieng - Dinh Vu high speed boat.
- Cruise ship for visiting Lan Ha Bay
- Enthusiastic and experienced tour guides.
- Travelling insurance.
- Lunch with a wide range of seafood dishes.
- Visiting tickets.
- 01 bottle of water for free.
- Personal costs.
- Kayaking fees.
- Meal beverage
- VAT tax
Visitors should bring:
- Suitable clothes depending on the weather conditions and shoes for easy walking.
- 5 to 8-years-old children: 75% of the adult tour price
- Above 9 years will be counted as adult.
- Children under the age of 4 accompanied by parents: if the visiting tickets for those are required, their parents will have to buy the tickets.
Cat Ba Tour 1 day