Duration: 1 Day Departure: Daily Price: $ 45
•We start the day (8.15am / 1.30pm) with a drink at Hai Scout Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town) – our meeting point.
•Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
•We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
•On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked.
Cooking Class in Hoi An
1.Making fresh Rice paper
2.Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
3.Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs & a Peanut Sauce
4.Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
5.Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
6.Food Decoration - Pineapple Boat, 3 Coloured Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
* Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Freshly Chopped Vegetables (not included in the demonstration)
* A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.
•Finish at approximately 1pm / 6.00pm – transfer back to central Hoi An.
PACKAGE PRICE: 45 USD/PAX
-1 free drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Scout Café
- Local English speaking guide/chef
- Boat trip (weather permitting)
- Cooking demonstration & lunch or dinner
- All recipes and notes
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An
- Personal expenses &Tips .
- Children < 5 years old : 20% of Adults
- Children : 5 – 10 years old : 50% of Adult
- Children > 10 years old : 100% of Adult
* The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
* Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
* 3 days before departure: 0% charge
* 1 - 2 day before departure: 50% charge
* Departure day: 100% charge.